Guidelines and Application Overview
Before you begin, please read through the instructions carefully. If you need clarification contact the Oakville Arts Council at 905-815-5977 or email email@example.com
Completed applications due March 29, 2013, 4PM.
- Previous applicants are eligible to re-apply
- Late, faxed or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- The Oakville Arts Council is not responsible for applications not received.
- Applicant must be a resident of the town of Oakville.
- Applicant must be currently practicing in their discipline.
- Award is open to local artists whose activities may extend beyond the borders of the Town of Oakville.
- Winners cannot apply for the same award within five (5) years of receiving the award.
- Current Board of Directors and staff of the Oakville Arts Council, Committee members and Jurors are not eligible to apply.
1) Artistic merit
2) Artistic message and the works emotional impact
3) Originality of concept or idea
4) Innovative use of the medium
5) Technical execution of the medium
The Jury may decide to break a tie using the artist’s community involvement from their résumé/bio.
Selection of Winners
The selection of the winners will be conducted arms-length, by a jury review panel. The decision of the jury is final and it is at the discretion of the jurors whether or not the award will be presented annually.
Finalists will be announced April 2013.
The winners will be selected from the pool of finalists
and announced at the
Cogeco Stars Among Us – Oakville Arts Awards Event
on October 10, 2013.